Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Just doin' my bloggin' thing...




After a short rebuke session by a loved one of ours, I have decided I am due for a post. Yes, I should be doing some sort of homework, finishing a scholarship application or, gasp, go to bed early...but let the record show, I put blogging before all else.

As a recap, Ev and I are loving the good old Rexburg life. Our day consists of classes ranging from Ev's new found love: Entrepreneur Skills, our crazy English 311 class (which we were terrified of when registering, but it is basically a guaranteed A), and possibly my favorite all-time college class yet: New Testament. Seriously, our teacher is amazing! I just wish we would have taken his class before we were called as Gospel Doctrine teachers...

Since it is Potato Harvest (yes, they really do have that...) we didn't have work this past week, but usually we go to work at Kennedy Elementary School. It is a dream of a job while going to school. We get paid to go bowling, play dodge ball, and my new class- girls and curls. Let's just say the girls leave school looking like they are headed to Prom. Following work, we must then get both physically and mentally prepared for some sort of intramural game. Ev is really doing great in his flag football team. I've got some great video footage, but apparently it takes hours to upload (if you would like to view, just come on over!).

Then, it's time to hit the books. This is usually interrupted by me begging to play a game of Uno. It has become an obsession! If a study break is needed, chances are I will be caught with Uno cards in hand. I will admit, last night we were tucked in bed, I got up, retrieved the cards and we began playing. I know it's like a 3rd grade game- but I'm hooked.



Due to the fact that we are in the igloo of Rexburg, we were delighted when last year, Les presented to us the Coffee Mate- French Vanilla to add to our hot chocolate. As a firm believer, this stuff is a must have. I just finished a mug of it myself.



Here are a few snapshots of General Conference weekend... welcome to Idaho! Ev had a fun time building a snowman, then after seeing the neighbors snowman, he ran full speed and took out his snowman. Poor thing...






To sum it all up: life is great right now... we are just enjoying being young, crazy, college students!

6 comments:

Lisa Michelle said...

Hi Whitney - I had to laugh about your Uno addiction. I had the same addiction a few years ago. Bryce and I both had it, actually. And on more then one occasion we could be found in bed burning the midnight oil playing 2-man Uno. Man, I love that game!!

bajork12 said...

Our fam is on a big uno kick, too. The girls are also really into go fish, but I much prefer uno.

We'll have to try that creamer-thanks for the tip. I've never thought of that and I am a big hot chocolate fan.

The countdown has begun until you two come for Christmas. Maybe we should make paper chains or something.

Evan said...

Whit- I know you are sad because of the minimal traffic or at least comments. So I just wanted to say, I loved your post, you go girl. -Ev

Lesley said...

Whit, Whit, Whit. I am embarrassed it has taken me this long to comment on your blog. There is no, and are no excuses for not commenting on every post of my dear brother and sister-in-law's blog. But just a few "for the records" - we were out of town from Friday through Sunday at about midnight. Thursday night went straight from work to a haunted house on a double date and work has just be rough. Now, I do not believe going out of town is an excuse, so again, I apologize. It was a great post. I appreciated the shout out to the french vanilla creamer and am glad to see that you and Evan fill your time with useless games like Trevor and I do. We're in good company. Heck, I can't wait to share in the useless games the last weekend of October for our visit. You two are the dream team.

Brigham said...

I havent mentioned yet how much i hate OSU for upsetting my Cal Bears, ahhhh!!! Curse you Ev and your Beaver-loving ways!

PS miss you guys, hope you come down again soon

JasPam said...

I have repented and completed two blogs in the last two days and I have a list of four more I need to do. Thanks for reminding me of the proper blogging etiquette. I am new at this, so please allow me some "learning curve" time! I love the layout and colors on your blog. Maybe I can learn more from you at Christmastime on how to make mine look cooler.