Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Secret's Out...Adge is 30!!!

Most who are readers of this blog are familiar with my eldest sister Adrienne. Many, if not most, refer to her as "Adge." Probably one of the greatest nicknames in nickname history. For those of you who are not so familiar with this legend, let me tell you my top ten things about Adge.

But first Adge just a few words of advice...

Adge Bjork Top Ten Reasons why she is the Bomb.com:

10. She is the only one from our wedding who got us a "How to budget" instructional CD that has made a huge impact on the finances of C2.

9. She is the only one under the direct Carlile umbrella to have children, making me an uncle. She has three really cool girls that are about the cutest things you have ever seen. And if you are coming from a Southwest hub city, they will start flying there (to MN) come March 2009.


8. She is a great advice giver/consoler to her favorite brother and his wife. She is the one that is close enough to us in age, but still wise enough to counsel us young rebellious types. Some know that Whit and I had a miscarriage this summer. Adge was the one that was our nurse that was only one phone call away and would drop whatever she was doing to help us, the uneducated in the pregnancy ways of life. It was a difficult experience to bear, but Adge among others pulled us through it.

7. She is the only one in the United States who matches the love for cheese that I have. We are not talking about just any cheese, only the finest. Which makes the fact that she gave it up for a year for Jocy even more amazing.

6. Her support and love for cowboys. She is just blessed with an understanding and knowing that sometimes cowboys just need to be cowboys. As a good friend of mine and Steve's once said, "Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." - John Wayne


5. Her love for tennis. If you haven't seen the Bjork doubles team, you really haven't seen tennis at all. I feel like there is a part of Adge inside of Steve, when he plays tennis. There is a level of competition that comes out that you don't often see in Adge. (This can also be seen in heated Adge vs. Steve Ping Pong battles). The amazing part is she juggles Jocy and the twins while doing it.

4. Her ability to make everyone feel good and doesn't worry about her self much mentality. She always make me feel like I am the smartest, buffest, best salesman, most successful brother that she has ever had. I am pretty sure its not just me, that she does this to others as well.

3. Her famous glass of ice water that sits next to the fridge. Throughout my 24 years of infinite wisdom I have continually had the great water debate. How do you get your water. Of course you must have Brita, number one. But then what, do you take all the work to go get a glass of water, then re-fill the Brita? Do you fill up a bunch of water bottles? Do you just drink straight out of the Brita filter pitcher? Well Adge's solution is just fill up a glass and put it next to the fridge. I for one love staying with Adge because then the glass is all ready for my indulgence. Now that you know my secret don't steal it, Adge obviously knows its me, so don't steal my thunder.

2. That she chose Steve. A brother that I can get out the shot guns with and go have a hay day. A brother I have that encourages me to pursue my dreams of a ranch with horses, among other toys and animals (as well as encouragement from Abs and Savy). A man of success in all aspects of the word, including physically. Which begs the question, Will Steve ever grow out the 'stache now that he is at Corporate?

1. Because she is half sister, half mom to me. Now don't take this the wrong way. She has always just been someone who has always been there for me. From the sweetest packages on the mish, to great meals when we go visit, to the occasional phone call where we just catch up on things.

Well Adge, happy 30th. Now Les and Mere have something to look forward to when they turn 30. Party hard, like MN has never seen!

C2

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Ev she sounds like an amazing woman. You can tell how much you love and admire her!

Adrienne said...

Thanks, Ev. Made my day.

I do believe that's the first time in my life I've been referred to as the bomb.com

Camilla Cole said...

What a great tribute Ev. Two things:
1) I liked the Southwest shoutout
2) I use Google in my job a lot, (previous post) so we can chat about keywords and ad text when you get a chance.

Mo Tab is a great costume idea. We'll do that next year, we've just gotta do this one first.

Say hi to Kim for me the next time you see him around on campus.

JasPam said...

Excellent work son. Of course you had a great subject. Right on all counts, except the mustache.

Dad

JasPam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassie said...

Aren't siblings great! We went through the same thing this summer (a miscarriage), so we know what you went through. Hope you both are doing well!

Brigham said...

nice post, cheers to Adge!