Thursday, January 22, 2009

Soon to be Home Sweet Home

By popular request, here are some details about the home Ev and I will be closing on February 27th. It is located in Nixa, Missouri which is about 10 minutes south of Springfield. We are becoming big fans of the real community feel Nixa has to offer. We had seen some 30 homes with our Realtor before seeing this one. With the market the way it is, there are tons of forclosures out there- and I was getting so annoyed with them that I told him I didn't want to see anymore. Thankfully, he should us this house, a forclosure where the builder just ran out of money. The house was under contract but their loan did not work out. So, here are my top 10 things I love about this house:

10. The jetted bathtub. What a dream this will be! I am so excited to take a bubble bath.9. The doors. I know it seems minor, but I love the doors in the house.8. The deck. It has a great view and I'm sure we will be spending many summer nights BBQing it up!7. The small details. I love that I don't have to change anything about this house in terms of the details. I love the handles, big white baseboards, carpet, lighting fixtures, towel bars, etc. Once again, I know- dork.6. The fireplace. We have plans to eventually (like in 3 years...) make the fireplace even better with some tile and such. It is great that the fireplace has a backup battery power to it- this will be needed for those wonderful ice storms we sometimes get.5. The kitchen. The cabinets and appliances are just what I would have picked out. I just love the rustic off white look.4. Close to Community Center. We have been attending the local community/fitness center the past week and love it. I am not a big worker-outer, so the classes they offer are a great fit for me. Today I went to the yoga class. Let's just say I have a hard time sitting still and concentrating on my breathing... entertaining to say the least. Ev is a;ready recruiting for our co-ed softball team, starting in April.
3. The Cobble Creek community pool/hot tub/courts/playground/picnic area. I had no idea these even existed in Missouri. It is practically in our backyard so we will be taking full advatage of it.2. The project possibilities. We liked the idea of having to put some work into our house and this will be great for us. We need to do landscaping (which Ev has been reading all about) and finish the basement. The walls/electrical/pluming/texture is all done- we just have to add carpet/padding, doors, paint and baseboards. Also, since it is a forclosure we will need to do some touchup work upstairs with the painting. *Notice Ev has added what he wants the outside to look like.
1. The storm room. Yep, if a tornado comes we will be safe!

7 comments:

Brandon said...

That looks like an incredible first home. I'm excited for you guys!

Dani said...

That is absolutely beautiful! Congrats! I can't wait to see what you guys do with it, as well as I can't wait till we get in a house :)

Tim, Niccole, and Neva said...

AWESOME home! I am so jealous! Congrats you guys and good luck with all of the detailing! How fun!

bajork12 said...

I can't wait to try out the back porch with a little BBQ action!

Adrienne said...

I like the house.Savannah

Jimmy, Diane and Bentley said...

I am SOOO excited for you guys! And seriously jealous. It sounds like such a gem. When can we come visit??

Jimmy, Diane and Bentley said...

Oh ya, and I love it. It's gorgeous, and basically just what I want. And, great photoshop work Ev!