Saturday, June 20, 2009

"No You're Not Hardcore, Unless You Live Hardcore..."

I had the opportunity to work out with my Dad yesterday morning and see what he has been up to over the past 6 months. To give you a little background, At the start of the year Mom and Dad committed themselves to an excerize program. I think Lesley had a good part in making that become a reality.
So I don't have all my facts exactly right, but I am pretty close...
- at least 4 days/week
- Starts working out between 6:45-7:00am (wow)
- For about an hour work out
- Showers at the gym then Dad goes straight to work. Mom goes home to shower.
- The warm up alone really gets your heart rate going.
- One free weight exercize my Dad did, was 3 sets of 20 raising the roof with 17.5 lbs per arm. Sure that doesn't sound like a lot of weight but you try it. :-)
- Then a number of other workouts; arms, shoulders, legs, cardio, stairmaster, etc etc

Hats off to you Mom and Dad. You have shown a determination that only few can do. Your efforts will bless you in so many ways, and you family!

We Congratualte you. And the real reason behind this post was to say, Happy Fathers Day.

Soon they will look this youthful again. They are already half way there!

3 comments:

lesley said...

I couldn't hang with those two right now, that's for sure. But Pammy will be hear to get me in gear post-baby!

Adrienne said...

Great post, Ev.

Yesterday Dad told me Mom had to take in his jeans a couple of inches.

JasPam said...

Thanks for the kudos, but I need to make some corrections: We go to the gym five days a week, leave home about 6:50 am, lift weights three times per week for about 45 minutes, then do a little cardio. We do 45 min to an hour of cardio on the alternating two days a week. Dad showers at the gym (yes--he takes his wood hanger with his dress shirt and suit, tie, etc. which is quite a sacrifice!) I stay for another 45 minutes Mon-Thurs for circuit class, strength, and balance class. This week I'm pondering trying out a spinning class. Don't start thinking I'm buff or anything, but I feel great! I then go home and shower. Yesterday Dad and I trudged around the perimeter of Turner cutting away stray limbs, etc. Now that there are renters, I'll be assisting on the occasional outdoor projects! There is no way I can keep up with Dad, and yes, I took in a couple of inches on the waist of his jeans, since they almost fell off when he went through airline security (without his belt) on the way to Missouri! XOXOXOX