Thursday, April 10, 2008

Life married to Mrs. Famous











As I have been pondering what to do for this post, my thoughts keep going to how this situation has effected me. Before I get into that, a little background for those unaware.

Last weekend we headed to Salt Lake for General Conference. Friday night we hit up the famous CTEM reunion and had a great time. Ma, Pa, and Whit all accompanied me to that terrific President Taylor led event.

Saturday morning we woke up early ate at some "small town" feel breakfast joint and headed to temple square. Whit scored "Media Tickets" since she went reporting for BYUI. Did I mention the these tickets give you all kinds of power: all you can eat snacks and drinks, no waiting in any lines, great seats, you can talk where you sit - due to the sound proof room, and you sit right next to national TV anchors. Whit and I attended both sessions saturday, myself and the boys attending Priesthood session for Pres. Monson's famous ear wiggle, and then Whit also attended Sunday morning.

Where Whit became famous was in between the sessions at the press conferences. Saturday was with the newly called Elder Christopherson and Sunday with the newly called young womens presidency. All of which she met in person, talked to and got pictures with.

If you click here you will be taken to the press releases and see whit.

As soon as Whit was on TV both of our phones lit up with calls and texts (it reflects in our phone bill this month!). Just like that, instantly she became famous. For this last week at school I have had people that I don't even know tell me about how cool it was they saw my wife on TV. Only two seemed to remember the back of my head which was also on there. People I don't even know, texts from old mission companions, and even a call from the famous southern Cali Moorhead's.

Whit really is an all star, one of the best in her field. Stay tuned to your TV, you never know when you might see her next.

6 comments:

Whitney said...

Thanks Ev, you are such a dream! To everyone reading the comments, Ev was somewhat treating the media room like the box seats at a Blazers game- it was hilarious! I don't know if I will be able to attend a Conference any other way!

The Winns said...

Good job Whitney, how exciting. I'm sure we will see your face on TV much more in the future!

Meredith said...

I even got a few calls about Whit and I'm just the brother-in-law. You're my new claim to fame Whit and for that I thank you. Hope you guys enjoy Portland! We'll be partying it up in Provo if you guys change your minds.
-B

MaryM said...

Come see us and we'll help with the cell phone bill.
the "famous" Cali Moorheads

JasPam said...

It is wondeful being related to "Mrs. Famous!" She is not only famous, but an expert interior designer! Whit helped me out last week by doing a HGTV Free Style Design on my living and family rooms prior to my hosting a luncheon last weekend. Eva was an all-star son, by doing everything I asked him! Great to have you guys in Oregon!

Rain in My Head said...

It was awesome. . there we are watching the press conference and suddenly Whit is on screen. . everyone in the room screamed (meaning Me and Kate because I don't really think Steve and Chris screamed very much). Fab job Whit!