Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The New Adventure Begins

It's a bit of a bittersweet time for us right now as we begin this new chapter in our life. I am very anxious to be with Ev longer than a weekend again, but am sad to leave family, friends and everything else about 'The Show Me State" we have loved. It's been a short, but good time in Missouri. We bought our first home and had little Jaycee here. I've had a few 'moments' this week (packing makes the move very real), and I go into Jaycee mode. I lay like her and stop all productive things I could be doing. We didn't expect to move this quickly, but am extremely grateful for the career opportunities Ev has in store. So, onward and upward to Portland we go! Ev and his dad drive the UHaul out this weekend, and Jaycee and I fly out Tuesday.

Miss Jaycee Happenings- She is such a trooper when we go places. Last night Kailey had her 8th grade promotion in the 100 degree gym with no AC, and Jaycee just hung out with grandpa in the back, didn't fuss at all. She will not sleep on her back anymore, which at first I absolutely hated, but I am getting less paranoid about it. I love that she will see something she wants, get very excited, and go for it with all her might. Such a determined little thing! She has been eating rice cereal, which is a real treat. Even though it is a messy process, she looks adorable covered in it. I just love watching her learn and explore new things. I was telling my brother last night that even with the lack of sleep or poopy diapers, when she first sees me when she wakes up and gives me a huge smile, that makes it all well worth it! I feel so blessed to be her mom! I just love that little girl to pieces!

We had a little photo shoot with my fam now that Jaycee had joined the Chapman Clan.















6 comments:

Alison Ward said...

Oh sad! I didn't realize it would be so soon!! sorry to miss your last hurrah I'm sure Kristi is throwing you ;-D Good luck in Portland, at least facebook will keep ya connected to all your Show Me peeps. Good luck!!!

Evan said...

whit you are amazing, you seem to get the most done when you have the most to do. See you in OR in one week.

JSC said...

The smile of a baby is a gift from God. Keep up the good work.

JasPam said...

Can we take some family photos like those in August? How is it that you lay like Jaycee? I wonder if you still put on your crazy mode about 10 pm by dressing up wierd and start bopping around the house in your clean-up mode. Enyoyed seeing that part of your personality last February,and am looking forward to learning more about you now that you'll be closer. I'm planning on our organizing party for next week :)

Lesley said...

whit! i'm so sad i barely saw you while you were here and so close! update your blog often. i can't wait to see all the fun adventures you have in portland :)

Lynda said...

Ok guys---you haven't posted since May 25th! Where's the new life? Inquiring minds want to know!