Friday, November 30, 2007

My Personal Shout Out Session

Since we have been in a blogging slump, similar to my intramural basketball team, I felt it was time for something profound. Some of you know of my deep love for various family members, but I would like to take this post to SHOUT OUT. But first I want all to know, you are ALL, all-stars in my book. The objective of this post is not to make some feel left out, but rather highlight a few for their accomplishments. Not everyone can win the Heisman Trophy. Now I know today people have very short attention spans, I mean we have TIVO and cannot spare to watch a second of commercials. Due to that fact I can only list a very few things that I like about the highlighted individual.

There are a few requirements in order to be noticed in this post.

1. Under age 35 and over age 16. All my older & younger family is without a doubt cool, but that is for another post.
2. You must be someone I don’t see frequently.
3. You must have in some way or shape have the “Evan idolizes you” vibe.
4. You cannot be Whit, Adge, Les, or Mere. Because let’s be frank they would be my top four.
5. I have to have learned something from you, it most cases many things.

Without further or do my recent “HIGHLIGHT” list. (In no particular order).



Steve “Captain Bjork” Bjorkman
. Seriously who does not love Steve? I felt it a must to start off with Steve because he my first real brother. Though years separate us, so much brings us together. Mostly due to the fact that is at heart an Idahoan Cowboy like myself. I remember Steve’s first Christmas in the family he got me “stink bombs” and though everyone else thought that was a horrible idea, as a 16 year old I thought it was the coolest gift ever!




Isaac & Jake Wilson. I combined these two because they are similar to me. To sum them up I would say, strong young men, who can shoot from deep, have humble confidence, and are men enough to stand up against my Beaver/Blazer die-hardness. Now I struggle to keep up with them, after picking on them for years. Two guys are single handedly bring back the term, studs and will make great missionaries and husbands. Ps- Jake dropped 21 points in a game recently and Isaac is always tearing up the Northwest dropping dimes and tri-fecta’s.



Michael, Jonathan, & David Wilson. A trio that is breathtaking. Three of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Regrettably our time has been limited, but recent events have brought some of us together. David as my newest career adviser, Michael as someone who still thinks I can drain from deep, and Jonathan someone who gives me respect in the blogging world. (Sorry about the pic, Amanda is subbing for David)





Ryan, & Derek (& Richard, one exception to 35 rule) Chapman
. Not only was marrying Whit the best thing I have ever done, but it was a great way to again increase my “brother” count that was so minimal most of my life. Ryan is a true baller after my own heart, Derek reminds me of me in many ways as a 17 year old, and Richard, finally someone who I can debate for hours on why the PAC-10 is better than the BIG-12. Truly a bunch that is fun to be around, have big hearts, and can be a force on the bball court/fball field.



Brandon Gary Winter. One of the newer family members and adding to the Cali connection. A great brother to have around, who else do you know that wears an ankle brace while playing ping pong, thats how intense it gets! Frankly a great guy to have on your bball team, he just brings the hustle and defense I bring very rarely. A hard worker, a big smile, and brings that whole extreme sports, X-games, flips and crazy stuff to a family that significantly struggles in that category.



Marci “Bostonroms” formerly known as Moorhead
. I am not sure what it is really but Marci has always just made it very comfortable to be around her. We share many things, her love for Boston sports is not one of them, but photography and humor are. Just a cousin that always makes you smile.



Trevor “Triz/Webmaster” Winn. Trevor and I go back longer than most, living only a few blocks apart most of our lives. It is just great to be around Trev, someone who just understands me. At times words are not even needed to communicate. Whether its Ger-glish, football, Bill Walton, Connie Chung (HGTV), google chat, staging techniques, investing, or manhood we just seem to get each other very well.



Steve “Die-hard BYU east coast fan” Hales
. The two things that make the Steve the coolest are of course Mary and Nikolai. The whole Russian connection thing has always fascinated me. Of course Steve’s second to none guidance, recommendations, and BCS venting. Truly a family out east that many would like out west.



Lindsey & Josh Stark. Though I do not know Lindsey or Josh that well, I know Lindsey and Les have a strong love and that initially drew me to Lindsey. Number one, she’s athletic, who can’t respect that, number two, they voted for my fake laugh (of which I had no prior practice nor experience), and lastly Josh is a carpenter, a man after my own heart.




Brig & Adam Wilson
. Coincidence that we were all born just a few months apart? I think not. A diverse trio that you do not find a lot. From George & Ida's 50th, when I sported the bulls-eye, the 1994 world cup game, Russia 7 vs. Cameroon 1, and of course welcomed by both in the M.T.C. and sent on my way before either left for overseas. Between all three of us I think we speak over ten languages, and I speak one.

I hope you enjoyed, can’t wait to read your comments! Remember the reason for the season!
-Ev

13 comments:

Adrienne said...

You've really outdone yourself on this one, Ev. I especially like the commen about speaking ten languages between you, Adam, and Brig.

Lesley said...

A couple of my highlights from this blog...

1) The whole "russian connection" comment.
2) You speaking 1 of the 10 languages.
3) The Wilson trio being breathtaking.

Les

Jonathan Wilson said...

Great post! Thanks for the shout out, and referring to the "fried egg" comment you left on our blog; it is called the Royal Red Robin burger, and I don't think anyone can dispute that it is the best they offer. I also still think a recount is needed for the fake laughing.

Lauren said...

So I'm not sure what to think....I know I"m not supposed to feel left out, but 4 of my siblings and 1 of my in-laws made the cut, and NONE of them went to college with you or fed you! I even remember one time you coming to my dorm room to borrow deoderant....(It was when you hadn't showered for 3 days...I let you keep it). Hmmmm.....??? I think I deserve a shout out atleast for giving you deoderant when you hadn't showered.

Meredith said...

Thanks for the love bro! Just to clarify things...I sprained my ankle just prior to that ping-pong match.

Lindsay & Josh said...

We have felt the love...

highlight for me...

1.) Amanda substituting in the picture for David. Sorry David, she is cuter.

JasPam said...

A true cast of all stars. I love them all.

Dec 28 and the Beavers are in the Emerald Bowl in SF; play Maryland. Could get there in a one day drive. I do not think I have heard of the Emerald bowl. What happened to the Cougars and a bowl appearance?

Dad

Evan said...

L-Dub, You are right. You not only deserve to make the list, but near the very top. It is unfortunately because I have not seen you in about 14 years. Maybe we will move to AZ. Talk to you soon. -Ev

Marci said...

Ev -

I knew you were one of my favorites. :) Thanks for the shout out! I REALLY need to update my blog and you've inspired me. I have BIG news to announce... like what baby #2 really is... boy or girl... Hmmmm.

I think you and Whit should COME VISIT US in Beantown. Come on, with all your successful pest controlmanship, you deserve a fabulous vaca, right????

Ang and Luke said...

I wouldn't really consider myself a "regular" visiter to the Carlile/Bjork/etc. family blogs, but I specifically visited yours today in hopes of reading a heart-warming tribute to the marvel that was last week's Civil War. I'll check back every day until I see one...I hope to see it soon. -Ang

Lisa Michelle said...

Evan, I have to say this post rates in my top 10 favorite posts of all time. 100% original, creative, etc - I would not be in the least surprised if bloggers all over the world copy you with their own shout out sessions. btw, the picture of Jacob on here is hilarious. Where did you find that gem?? And the 10 languages between you, Adam and Brig was also a highlight for me. Good one. :)

Ang and Luke said...

Ev--in response to the "well-placed" comment on our blog -- I'll tell my bros about bball, but they are getting up there in age, and they think spending time with their many kids on Christmas is more important than church bball (go figure). But since this will be Luke's last Christmas without a kid, I'm sure he'll be there. By the way, thanks for recognizing our blog on your links, but ours is not nearly as entertaining as your family's blogs, as you could probably tell from the posts about grandpa's hernia.

Anonymous said...

It is remarkable, this rather valuable message