Monday, November 12, 2007

MY TOP 10 FAVORITE THINGS IN OUR APARTMENT

Since it has been a long time from the date of our last post, and I seem to be having a short attention span tonight- I figured I should use my energy to keep all of you entertained. Thus, below are 10 of my, very random, favorite things I discovered while searching through our apartment.



1. I just love the lamps we have in our bedroom (as seen above). They started out with a gold base, but with a coat of spray paint, a red lamp shade and some beading, boom- we have two wonderful reading lights. Let your light (or lamp) so shine!


2. My handy dandy planner. I live by what is written in this thing! Seriously, everything I do is basically written here. I don't know how people go to college (and do well...) without one! Let's see...for tomorrow I have: German, Group Dynamics: Harvard Everest Stimulator- remember to bring laptop, Ward Activity- put together Humanitarian Aid kits along with a great dinner, and Ev basketball game. One day at a time with this thing!


3. Soap. Now this might seem odd, but I love the soap we have. Usually hand soap leaves your hand with a dry, public restroom smell (at least the cheap kind...) but not the Dial Vanilla Honey Yogurt kind. Any soap with the word Yogurt in its name has to be good.


4. How grateful I am to have a washer and dryer in our apartment! Laundry no longer consists of walking outside in the Rexburg cold, using up all our quarters and arguing over whose turn it is to retrieve the load. Truly a plus!


5. I love my high heels, there's no secret with that one. It is challenging since it does get so cold here and all I really want to wear are wool socks and boots, but I somehow find a way to wear them. I am so glad Ev is tall enough to make that possible- thanks, honey!


6. Around September 8, 2007 we made a big step in our marriage. We got rid our our futon and replaced it was an actual couch. The futon did us well, but it is sure nice to not feel the bars every time you sit down. The pillows are an added plus. Thanks mom for your help in making our house a home :).


7. Almost every morning Ev will at some point hear the words, "Ev, will you get me some OJ?" It's true- I love a glass of good old, pulp free, orange juice to start the day off. Not only is OJ great for breakfast, but it goes with just about anything. I just had a glass with mint chocolate chip ice cream. A glass of OJ a day keep the doctor away? I say 'Yes!'


8. Our dishes are another thing I seem to enjoy in our apartment. The fact that they are square, a pretty color, and have had some great food served on them is just a dream. What a great wedding present they were!


9. Many of you out there may not be aware of what you are about to read. I am just getting it out there... I have an obsession with Scotch tape. Seriously. I love everything about it. Not only does it smell great, but when you rip off a piece of it, roll it into a ball, and play with it with your fingers...life does not get much better than that! This obsession has been around for quite some time. My teachers used to hide the tape from me. Ev does not let me buy it due to him finding pieces of tape all over the place. Hence, the kind shown in the picture is not my personal preference tape- it is the flimsy/non-sticky kind. Weird, I know. But at least you all know now so you can hid it from me!


10. And of course my all-time favorite thing is Ev. The whole time I was preparing for this post he kept asking me if I would add things like the Beaver flag, or cowboy hat to my list. Maybe he will come up with a list of his own... What a dream come true he is! Sure am a lucky gal to have him permanently in my home.

4 comments:

Evan said...

Dearest wife, I have one conflict with OJ in the morning...do you brush your teeth before or after the glass or like L & T and just skip that step all together. (haha-sorry). It's funny you forgot the Beaver mat, flag, helmet, hats, poster, and sign the door, and of course my personal fav. the fridge! What a dreamy wife you are, great post Frau!-Ev

JasPam said...

Whitney, that is a very creative blog entry and I enjoyed reading it at an early morning hour just before I go swimming! It helped wake me up. I, too love tape, and almost any art or office supply known to man! btw, thanks for the labeler you gave me. It would be on my favorites list. I have only just begun to label my life away! Planners are a must, I agree as well! Any kind of list for Pammy, as you know! Love you, Mom

Lesley said...

Where's the hand-game? That would definitely be in my top 10 for your house. And smoothies?

Triz said...

What about the blender?! I love that thing. Speaking of which......I think I'm going to go make a smoothie right now. Tschus!