Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Weekend Like None Other

Last Thursday morning Whit and I woke up at about 4am to catch a flight to Mizzou. For the breathtaking return of Elder Ryan Chapman. We were greeted by the Chapman crew shortly before Ryan's plane landed in the Springfield Airport.

Overall it was a great trip, and it is great to have Ryan back. Some of you have heard of the neat experiences that have been had in the "Show Me State" but this time we wanted to convey a more real sense of what it is like. Hence the video.

Highlights from the weekend were:
Ryan taking his time and using the restroom before coming to greet the family,
the crescent rolls at Cheddars,
Richard being a fantastic behind the wheel for a plethora of hours in the car,
beating Richard in a game of horse with a soccer ball in a carpeted church gym,
playing the "Where are we going to live game" with Kailey,
playing that weird game - Settlers I believe it was called,
watching Bro. Johnson play cards (and cheat),
Nate-dawg,
Richard trying to control the temperature of the car full of 2 teenagers, 4 girls and a RM,
watching Alissa school the boys on the bball court,
seeing Derek dunk like a monkey,
listening to the KFC guys Priesthood lesson,
the baptism and new convert testimony,
snoring,
Denver airport checking the Winn blog,
and much much more.

Hope you enjoy the video, be sure and leave a comment.

9 comments:

Meredith said...

Awesome video footage! I really want to meet the Chapman's now. Any chance they'll be making it out here in the near future?
-B

JasPam said...

Your video captures the fun-loving and energetic spirit of the Chapman family. I admire all of them, especially Richard and Lori, for getting out on those ice skates! As for me, I think my skating days are gone, but I look forward to more whitewater rafting, swimming and tennis days ahead! Today was my first day of "water therapy" in a 91 degree pool! Love you guys and glad you got away from school for a while.

Lauren said...

Love the video. And speaking for all Minnestoa Wilson's Settlers is NOT a strange game. Settlers is life for some of them. It's a great game though. Enjoy it :)

Triz said...

That's a great video. It really shows the whole coming home sensation. Great cinematography and vision. You are our generation's Steven Spielberg.

Sorry about not commenting earlier. Lesley called me right as I was finishing your video so I got distracted and didn't comment. My bad.

P.S. You'll enjoy the surprise if you come Easter or GC weekend.

Triz said...

And has Richard lost weight? He's looking good.

Adrienne said...

I must say that Steve is a big settlers fan. I, on the other hand, don't have the attention span for games that last hours.

Loved the video.

Lesley said...

I just need to ditto Adge's comment. Settlers, no it's not a game, it's a three hour commitment. Church is a three hour commitment. There's something wrong with that.

I also loved the video. Made me excited for Andy's homecoming.

The Winns said...

The video was great, the dancing...well it left me speechless ;) I hope I don't have to show Andy any of the "new" dance moves when he comes home! I'm glad you occasionally view our blog. I thought Trevor and Les were the only ones who ventured there!

Anonymous said...

Here it is, the Cole's first comment on the Carlile's blog. You guys are true blogging champions. I do need to step it up, Evan. We just added the "Friends Blogs" element to our page, and right now we look like we have no friends because it's JUST you guys...