Sunday, May 18, 2008

Birthday Celebration!

Ev did an awesome job with my birthday plans this year! I put a lot of pressure on him to do something great- and he excelled at doing so.

On Wednesday I decided to check our bank account and came across a payment to a hotel in Seaside. I have told Ev numerous times how I remember going to Seaside as a child and having so much fun. Well, Ev was stuck on surprising me this time (I always either figure it out or get the information out of him) so he redid the plans without me knowing.

Our first stop on my birthday agenda was to one of my favorite places- the mall. He took me to the Lloyd Center in Portland which I loved. After that, I thought for sure we were headed to Seaside. He totally punked me when we pulled up to the River Place Hotel. It was such a nice place!



Hanging out by the water...






That night we ate at The Old Spaghetti Factory. I loved the location, decor and food of this place. I'm sure we will be going back there.

Photo shoot after dinner...









Later that night we walked around downtown Portland. Seeing how I am just a small town girl from Missouri, this was quite the experience for me. From the random people yelling at the top of their lungs, to the fun ride on the Max, I loved it, and I think Ev loved watching my reactions to it all.

Thanks, Ev! I look forward to what you will surprise me with next year!

6 comments:

Evan said...

Glad it was a success. Now I will be a happy man for the next year. I must say the downtown adventures were a highlight for me too. Nice job on getting me a discount on the hotel bill as well!!!

The Winns said...

Happy belated birthday Whitney. It sounds like Evan did a great job surprising you! That's a sign of a great husband! We'd love to have you guys over for dinner...I'll have Brad set it up.

Jimmy, Diane and Bentley said...

Happy happy birthday Whit! I forgot we were fellow birthday-ers. I love the picture of you two at the top of your blog, and Ev's picture is a little reminiscent of the infamous Jesus look. Good work, Ev, on the birthday plans and blog post. I'm sure you scored big points.

Adrienne said...

It was fun to have a little early bday celebration with you, Whit. I'm impressed with Evan's planning skillz.

When there's a suprise involved Steve doesn't even let me guess because I always figure it out.

JasPam said...

Portland is such a gorgeous city, and I'm sure happy you two are spending the summer in our area, so you can explore some of these beauties! Love you pictures on the waterfront! Next time I'll get you tickets to the Portland Symphony.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Haha that is too funny..Tyrell decided to take the picture with Ev in the background off because he is sick of our wedding pictures. How are you guys doing? Sounds like you had a great birthday, thats awesome!! How is school and everything else going?