Sunday, June 01, 2008

Living life - Special Hair edition

For about a year now I have had this brother in law, who always speaks of "LIVIN' LIFE!" So I thought it was time I contributed a small piece of some of the LIVIN' of LIFE that I have down in the past, and may do in the future.

Today's topic...Hair.

First let me throw a special thank you out to some of my past barbers/stylists/hair colorist: Heidi Wiest, Mom, myself of course, and my most consistent during the teenage years and occasionally now, Les. Thank you, that is one reason I search for referrals for Trev.

Unfortunately I could not find all necessary pictures. But I have found some. Sorry some are small.

The part. Special thanks to my mom. This actually continues to surfice even today. Crave the wave from grandpa Carlile.


The Flat top. Special Thanks to Jerome Kersey for this one.


Probably my most common cut from ages 10-16ish. Couldn't go wrong with this, easy maintenance.


Its not bleach. I used to get FOF-ed when people told me it was bleach, it was Lesley's left over hair color stuff.


Looks like Big I and Aaron liked the buzz pic from earlier years. This is a pattern we see throughout the family, continuing hair styles from cousin to cousin.


Not sure what I called this one, but I was a big fan. Maybe colored-mini fro.


I am the one in the middle with the rainbow hair and chicken legs.


The "I'm cool, I have highlighted tips" phase that every guy went through.


The shag, blown into an afro. "Evan Carlile standing 6'2" and 6'" with the hair..." -Pat Williams


The shag and the wings I loved so much, especially with hats.


The big shag. Age 18 was just a prime hair year for me.


The most famous, BOLSEYE. Which really has more meaning now that Target is in the family.

9 comments:

Meredith said...

Ev that is quite the collection of hair styles. I didn't realize you had so many "interesting" hair-dos. And I also love the pic from your Top 10 at the reception- apparently I thought something was hilarious and no one else did!
-Mere

Jimmy, Diane and Bentley said...

What a truly joyous experience. A picture may speak 1000 words, but one boy can have 1000 hairstyles. Bullseye= wow.

Although, we were really hoping the big post had another purpose. I guess we'll just have to wait.

JasPam said...

That blog really hit the bulls' eye!

Melissa said...

ev- i love the photo tour of your hair's history. the target was indeed my favorite. =D hope you and whit are doing well! -mel

Larry Wilson said...

I remember the bulls' eye. When I saw what you were focusing on with this blog, my first thought was "where's the bulls' eye?" Glad to see it again

Marci said...

Ev. Truly one of the greatest posts of all time. If there's a blog hall of fame, this one deserves to be there. Excellent photos. I too was looking for the good ol' bullseye. Did Whit realize what hair expertise she was marrying back in the day???

I only wish Nate were able to view this post on his mission. He too had some crazy hairstyles through the years, although never ventures into the wonderful world of hairdye like you did. :)

LOVE IT. Only wish that your current job would let you experiment with hairstyles more...

lesley said...

The new pic on your blog ev. classic, thanks.

The post even better. You did it all with the hair. Although I think you're missing a pic of your hair right before that teacher at BYUI made you cut it. It was SOOOOO long. You are a talent. Your hair is a talent. Talent on!

Anonymous said...

The bullseye left us speechless. That's all we can say. Absolutely nothing else.

Adrienne said...

I can't believe I didn't comment on this the first time around. These are the posts great blogs are made of.