Sunday, July 03, 2011

YoUtH cOnFeReNcE!

Ev and I got to be chaperons for youth conference this year. It involved sleeping in tents with 1000% humidity, bugs, lots of walking, questionable food at times, one shower for the whole place and some pretty adventurous activities. Doesn't that just sound like my kind of weekend?? Well, it was actually a lot of fun! The event took place at Horseshoe Canyon Ranch in Arkansas. They do have cabins available (although they were full when we went, I asked :) ) so I would definitively go back if I could stay in a cabin!
Here is the group from our ward prior to our departure. 

Ev and his little Jimmer buddy!

My sister Alissa went as my 'assistant'. I would not have survived the extremely difficult activities had she not been there to talk me through it! Also, if you know me, you know I am obsessed with checking the weather all the time. I have every text message alert/app you can possibly sign up for when it comes to severe weather. Why do this you ask? I don't want to risk one weather alert group to not be on their A game when needed. Hence the back up. Anyway, one night it was supposed to storm. "Some storms may become severe". We are in a tent people. In the middle of nowhere. In a place where bad storms happen. So I was checking my phone at least every 20 minutes, looking at the radar like I am a meteorologist. Finally at 4 am the 'storm' was getting close. I was either going to stay in our tent (Alissa was with me) or head to the car. I woke Alissa up and we went to the car. And it was only rain.  

There's Kailey just doing her thing...


Hating. Everything. In. Life. Here. (photo doesn't do it justice)

Honestly the part in the photo above was more scary then this one below for me (although I was still terrified).

Kailey was a beast with everything! She was the only girl to try this WAY scary part... I would have died if I saw her attempt it. Boys got nothin' on her!

This is the first time all three of us sisters were able to attend youth conference together. Chapman sisters 4 life!





Such a fun time!
These youth really are doing a great job! It's getting more and more difficult to be good in this world, but they are striving to do so. I was very impressed with them. Although I only have photos of the 'fun' activities, we were able to have spiritual experiences along the way, as well.  


1 comment:

JasPam said...

You and Ev are great examples for those youngsters, plus you are fun taboo! I bet they loved having you there.