Monday, January 04, 2010

Jaycee Stella Carlile

We welcomed Jaycee Stella Carlile into our family on Dec. 31, 2009 at 9:32 am. She weighed 7 lbs 14 oz and was 20.5". We are SO in love with her already. What a sweet little girl she is!

Going into the whole labor process, I was always anxious and nervous about what my 'birth experience' would be like. Since I like reading the details of others' births, the following is what went down a few hours before she entered this world. Skip below and check out how cute she is if you could care less about the details :).

I was already at 4cm going to the hospital. At midnight we arrived to be induced. After getting all settled in, they started the pitocin and got the epidural going. I told them if I could get the epidural in the parking lot, that would be fine with me! The anesthesiologists did a great job with the epidural, (which is surprising because he is an OU fan<---inserted by Ev) I felt nothing but could still move my legs and such. The next few hours were spent watching ESPN (since at that time there are mostly informercials), eating a popsicle and ice, and watching Ev sleep in the tiny chair (I was way too anxious/excited to sleep!). Around 7 am they broke my water. Things started going very quickly after this-- just an hour and a half later I was all set to start pushing. When he said I was a 10 and going to start pushing, I had a little emotional moment thinking about the fact that it was really happening, she would be here soon. I think all those episodes of watching A Baby Story really paid off because I only had to push for 61 minutes (that and in between pushes I told myself to get her out quick so she wouldn't have a cone head :) ). The last few minutes of pushing was the only uncomfortable part, I knew she was so close and I think I just got a little nervous. Sure enough though, all of a sudden she was here! I couldn't believe it. Ev then cut the cord and got to watch them do all the after labor stuff. It was such a special experience with our little family now together. Ev was so wonderful through the whole process (although I did make it easy for him!). So 9.5 hours, a few episodes of Saved by the Bell and some ice chips later, our little angel was here!

The past few days have been going well, considering she is a newborn. She eats great and often. We had a doc appointment that went perfectly. Poor thing gets to be the tester as we figure this whole parenthood thing out! I don't know what I would do if Ev wasn't as great of a dad as he is. I think I've only had to change one or two diapers if that tells you anything. She is a daddy's girl that's for sure!!! And I love having a buddy to match bows with. We often just sit and stare at here... we just love her to pieces!

11 comments:

Lesley said...

awww! i can't wait to meet her! love your matching bows and i think ev should give michael some pointers when we decide to have a baby (cough..tell him to change all the diapers!!! amazing job, evan!)

congrats on your adorable family!

sarbac1982 said...

She is perfect, love her name, good work team Carlile!

Lisa Michelle said...

Congrats! And love the matching bows. :)

Cassie said...

She is a cutie, congrats!! Isn't it the greatest to have a husband home who helps so much, and watching daddy-daughter time is so precious!

Meredith W said...

cute cute cute! Can't wait to meet this girl. I wish Gunner and I had an accessory that we could match. Think on that one Whit:)

JasPam said...

Our granddaughter is a precious bundle right from heaven--we are anxious to come see her in less than a month! Thanks for putting these pics on your blog, for those of us not in the "Facebook World!" Wouldn't want to miss out on Jaycee's life story in pictures!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, guys! She's beautiful.

Now Jaycee and Dinah can carry on the Evan and Ryan roommate tradition at BYU-I in about 18 years.

kc said...

I have been anxiously checking your blog almost daily in hopes of getting a peek at Jaycee Stella Carlile. I am so glad you posted the pictures. Evan looks like the daddy role suits him just fine. Whitney, you look like a very happy mama. And Jaycee looks like a mini model with all those different outfits and hair accessories. Congratulations!!

Rebecca said...

Congrats! Little girls are so much fun! She's beautiful and you look awesome Whit! I forget how little they start out! (I can't believe Csrrie's birthday is in a couple weeks!) It goes by fast! Enjoy her!

Lynda said...

We are so happy that beautiful little Jaycee Stella has arrived in the world and we California Wilsons totally approve of her birthday. She shares it with Uncle Larry. I wish we had known during Lar's birthday party...we could have had a double celebration.

The New Year's Eve thing is great by the way. The whole world celebrates your birthday!

Brigham said...

Congrats!!!! she is so darling! so happy for you guys, having a girl is the best, isnt it? much love
Brig, Cait & Livi