Friday, February 01, 2008

Meeting Glenn Beck

Okay, so I really am a big Glenn Beck fan. I watch him pretty much every night. I personally think he should run for President. Yesterday I heard that he was coming to speak to the College Republicans. They did a good job at keeping this on the DL, but when Whitney Lynne Carlile hears Glenn is coming where she is, chances are there is no stopping her. Problem, or what could have been a problem, is you had to have a ticket to attend this.

Long story short, I went before anyone was there. When the President-teacher-whatever big dog you want to call him, asked me if I had my ticket I cooly brushed it off and made some joke about already checking tickets so early. Then, I started talking about who knows what to get him sidetracked over the fact that I did not have a ticket. It worked like a charm... sorry to all of you who now think I am dishonest, I did what I had to do.



After his speech, he quickly went to another room for VIPs only. A lot of people waited around wanting to get a pic with him, but after a while some of them started weeding out. Finally, there were about 15 of us when BYU-I President, Kim Clark, was going to this VIP room. We asked if he could just have Glenn come out for like 3 minutes for photos... sure enough Pres comes out with Glenn. It was great. President Clark really went up in my book after that move.


Future CNN star, Current CNN star


President Clark

7 comments:

Lesley said...

Way to go get 'em Whit. I'm a fan of GB also. Maybe you could take over for Nancy Grace, she is tiring me.

Marci said...

Awesome story! Did you know that Kim Clark (el presidente of BYUI now) was in the adjacent Boston ward with us and is good friends with Uncle Larry? He's a FABULOUS man.

Evan said...

Congrats Whit, that is really cool. I also got within a few feet of the newly $50M dollar man. I say GB for president! Great story and powerful GBH testimony, youtube it if you have not seen it. -Ev

JasPam said...

Cool how you killed two birds with one stone by getting in pictures with both Glenn and Kim! I like your persistence in taking the opportunity to hear Glenn Beck speak and be in his presence! I agree that you are a future CNN star!

MaryM said...

This doesn't have anything to do with GB, but for the record, Kim Clark came through the reception line at L & B's wedding in Boston!
Aunt Mary

Evan said...

Wow... all these ties to Pres. Clark. You think if I invited him over for family dinner he would come???

Rain in My Head said...

Finally checking blogs after like a month and saw this post. That ROCKS!!! I love GB. . so jealous. . love how you got in. :)